Pixaria – Photoshop Script
About the script
This script will take a directory of image files in nearly any Photoshop readable format and generate the output required for Pixaria. It will create the directory structure and create all of the required images, each resized, adjusted accordingly. The script will also embed some of the meta data that Pixaria uses during import.
This script works with Photoshop CS & CS2 definately as I have tried it with both versions. It is quite possible that it will work with older versions also but I have not been able to try it.
Installation, setup and use
- Extract the PixariaCS.js script from the zip archive to your Photoshop scripts directory. On windows this is located at “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Scripts” or equivalent. I do not yet have Photoshop on the Mac so cannot provide info about this…sorry! You will find a few .js files there already.
- Open the script in a text editor so that you can change some of the personal details that are required at the top of the files… these are;
- Comp size
- Caption Writer
- Copyright Notice
- Owner URL
- Generic Title
- Jpeg quality
- Full sized directory
- Save the file
- In Photoshop, select File>Scripts>PixariaCS
- Select the source directory where all of your images are located
- Choose your output location, this should be an empty directory where the 4 Pixaria directories will be created.
- Upload as required!
Support – You and me!
Leave comments below if you have suggestions, comments or problems and I will try to sort them out!
This script has taken days of coding as I figured out how Photoshop scripting worked. If you are the generous type, feel free to show your appreciation!!
<a href="https://github.com/sdmpxs/pixaria_resizer">See it on github</a>